As the French flag carrier and the country’s largest airline, Air France flies to about 35 destinations within France and about 170 destinations in 93 other countries. This blog is mainly talking about your experience if you fly business class with Air France and how Air France acts to guarantee a safe trip for you during COVID-19 outbreak period.
Business Class Experience with Air France
Source: Air France website
The advantage of choosing business class are numerous, especially when you need to take a long flight.
- Pre-flight VIP services: Come and enjoy your exclusive check-in area. Decide how you want to check in: with interactive kiosk or a check-in counter, to make your connections as easy as possible. Receive priority access at every step of your journey, from your seat to stowing and collecting your baggage.
- Business Class Onboard Services: Once you get onboard, a pair of slippers, pillow, duvet and the signature coat hanger are waiting for you at your seat. When you choose to fly business class with Air France, your personal space can serve you, according to your need, as an office, a restaurant, an entertainment lounge or a bedroom. The 16-inch HD touchscreen makes your space an enjoyable entertainment lounge.
- Greater Comfort in Business Class: Air France’s business class cabin consists of about 30 lie-flat seats in a 1-2-1 reverse-herringbone configuration. Each seat measures 21 inches wide, offers 42 inches of pitch subdues elegance: a graceful shape, padded upholstery footrests, leather armrests, top stitching on the headrest and metallic finishing touches. Every detail is designed to ensure your comfort and privacy throughout your flight.
- Fine Dining: In a normal time, Air France offers a very France-forward wine selection for business-class passengers. Also discover the creations of Michelin-starred chefs including Anne-Sophie Pic, Arnaud Lallement, Guy Martin and Andrée Rosier. Enjoy aperitifs, appetizers, hot dishes, cheeses, pastries, sorbets and fruits. All in the business-class cabin!
- Airport Lounge Access: Want to escape the hustle and bustle of the airport? In a normal time, please come to Air France’s Business lounges and take advantage of the relaxing atmosphere. Air France’s staff is available to meet all your needs. Enjoy a refreshment, work, read the news or simply rest. Air France’s lounges are equipped to meet your every need. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, Air France is forced to partially or fully close some of their lounges. In addition, their services might be adjusted according to local health regulations.
- Checked Baggage Items Allowance: Different travel cabin displays different limitations on baggage allowance: In the Business cabin, you are entitled to 2 checked baggage items weighing up to 32 kg/ 70 lb each. And, in the La Première cabin, you can check 3 baggage items weighing up to 32 kg/ 70 lb each.
Air France by your side at all times during COVID-19
Source: Air France website
Taking your comfort, well-being and health remain Air France’s highest priority, Air France has put special measures in place to guarantee travelers safety when travelling with them.
- Restrictions and Mandatory Travel Certificates: Before making any travel plans, please contact the relevant national authorities to check entry and stay requirements in your destination and transit countries. Air France would advise you to make backup plans for both your travel and accommodation. For more information regarding entry restrictions and required travel documents, we recommend you to consult TravelDoc website prior to departure. If you are going to travel from France, documents may be required by certain authorities: you will be required to present all mandatory travel documents before boarding and upon arrival at your destination. Moreover, some destinations require quarantine upon arrival, a recent negative COVID-19 test or other health documentation. If you are going to travel to France, a negative test for COVID-19, performed less than 72 hours before the flight is recommended. In the event of a non-fulfillment of this test prior to your arrival in France, customers may be quarantined for 14 days.
- Increasing its Flight Schedule: Since the start of the COVID-19 health crisis, Air France has constantly adapted their flight schedule in line with travel restrictions and demand. They are further reinforcing their flight schedule for summer 2020. Subject to the lifting of travel restrictions, the gradual increase in the number of frequencies and destinations will continue, reaching close to 170 destinations at the end of summer 2020. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, the flight schedule would be impacted by changes continuously.
Air France's Protection Measures
- Since 11 May, it is compulsory to wear a surgical mask upon arrival at the airport and on-board Air France flights. Each customer is required to wear an approved mask throughout their trip, Air France recommends you carry several masks and disposable tissues with you for your personal comfort.
- At the airport, Air France has set special signage, announcements and floor markings to remind you of the physical distancing measures. All check-in counters are equipped with Plexiglas protective screens, check-in counters and self-service kiosks are disinfected regularly, hand sanitizer dispensers are at your disposal and body temperature measurement may be implemented at the departure of some Air France international flights.
- Air France has equipped their aircraft with an air recycling system consisting of High Efficiency Particulate Air filters identical to those used in operating theaters, which trap 99.9% of particles. And the air in the cabin is therefore renewed every 3 minutes.
- Cabins are regularly disinfected with an approved disinfectant spray, all hard surfaces would be cleaned daily and carpets and all seats, head covers would be vacuumed.
- On flights lasting less than 2hr30, Air France are resuming their beverage service and on flights lasting more than 2hr30, a snack offer will once again be available.
- On long-haul flights, Air France are gradually reintroducing a fuller meal service with more choice and individually wrapped products. And a second meal is served in their “Bon Appétit” bags on flights longer than 8hr30, limiting onboard contact for your safety guarantee.
Recommendations Prior to Arriving at the Airport
- Travel light and stress-free: in view of the new health and hygiene measures in place, Air France recommend you arrive early at the airport. Check in all your baggage in advance to facilitate your access to the boarding gate.
- To minimize large groupings of people as our traffic resumes, access to the Paris airports is restricted to travelers, people travelling with minors or travelers requiring special assistance.
If you need more information or to help you handle your travel needs, Frenchway is ready to assist you, don’t hesitate to contact us by email (email@example.com) or by phone (New York : +1 212 243 3500, Paris : + 33 1 44 06 08 70).