Covid19 remains present in France with over 100,000 deaths due to Covid19. As of April 26th, the current Covid 19 incidence rate is 306 for 100,000 inhabitants. This rate is slowly receding and President Macron is working on easing Covid19 measures over the next two months. France hopes that every French adult will receive at least one dose of the vaccine before the end of the summer. Even though the reopening will depend on the evolution of the situation and is not clearly defined yet, it will be different steps.
Different steps of France’s reopening
- Starting April 26th, the early childhood and lower school are reopening in-person after a week on distant learning and two weeks vacations.
- May 3rd, middle and high school should go back to in-person learning as well. French people will be able to travel again in France Metropolitan without justificatifs.
- Mid-May: opening of the outdoors dining and some cultural places with gauges.
- Beginning of June: opening of the indoors dining in the departments with the least circulation of Covid19.
- Mid/End of June: probably the opening of the other establishment still closed like fitness clubs, if the situation is good enough.
For now, the 7pm curfew is still in effect and could be softened in the next few days.
Every two weeks, the situation will be reevaluated and the opening will be adapted according to it.
Regarding travel, France is using an app TousAntiCovid launched in June 2020 to help prevent the spread of Cocid 19. This app is being modified to add a new functionality. The “booklet” functionality will store the data of the vaccinated citizens, those who test negative or those who have recovered from COVID-19 to travel. It will allow them to travel to French overseas territories and eventually to other countries. It will be first tested for those traveling to and from Corsica. The french health insurance system will authentify the documents sent by the testing and vaccination facilities so they can then be added on the “booklet”. Those who do not have the app will be able to print QR codes of their certificates. France will work on making it compatible with the vaccine passport that will be created at the European level.
France is also working on developing a travel pass to allow vaccinated Americans to travel to France this summer.
For the past 38 years, Frenchway travel has been the best corporate travel agency in Paris and New York. We specialize in providing the highest level of personalized service on short notice due to our client-first approach. The secret of a wonderful trip lies in the attention to detail, to ensure that your travel will turn out smooth, so don’t hesitate to contact us.