With its French touch, Frenchway Travel handles every aspect and all of the accommodations for people traveling around the world, from start to finish. Our clients work in fashion, sports, media, music, event travel, movie & TV production, advertising and the corporate world. We have great expertise in international travel and especially to and from France, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information. In this series, we will give you great tips about Travel. Today, we’re talking about jet lag.
For those frequently flying for business, it can be a challenge to beat jet lag. By following the steps mentioned in this blog post, one can reduce and smooth the adjustment period for their next trip.
Jet lag is due to our biological clock which needs to adjust to the time zone at our arrival destination. Jet lag is known to be worse when flying to the east than flying to the west. The explanation is that it’s easier for our internal clock to adopt a phase delay (when the clock is set backward)… On the other hand, it’s another story when your body has to get used to a new rhythm when the clock moves forward.
Jet Lag Tips
For our frequent flyers, we’ve selected the best tips to avoid jet lag on your next flight:
- Anticipate the time change for trips by getting up and going to bed earlier several days before an eastward trip and later for a westward trip. You can change by an increment of 15 min every day starting a few days before.
- Drink a lot of water and avoid alcohol, especially during your flight.
- Get outside in the sunlight at your arrival. Daylight is a stimulant for regulating the biological clock.
- If you need to, take a power nap but no more than 20 minutes or so.
- Last but not least, don’t make any significant decisions on the first day. If you’re flying in for a business meeting and know you won’t be super-sharp, consider arriving a day ahead of time to make sure you have some time to adapt.
Are you ready to beat your jet lag on your next trip? Let us know if these tips were helpful for you! And contact us for booking your next trip.