FAQ - Traveling with Air France
For the past 38 years, the Frenchway Travel has been the Best Business Travel Agency in New York and Paris. We deliver world-class creative and strategic solutions for travel management across all platforms. We specialize in providing the highest level of personalized service on short notice. Our philosophy is a client-first approach. And, thanks to an extensive global network, we negotiate the best rates for you. We partner with Air France to offer you the best travel solutions. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Founded in 1933, Air France is the number one French airline. Air France is a leading global player in its three main areas of activity: passenger transport, cargo transport and aircraft maintenance. Air France is a founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, alongside Korean Air, Aeromexico and Delta. Delta and Air France have also set up a joint venture dedicated to the joint operation of several hundred transatlantic flights every day.
FAQ - Traveling with Air France
What are the cancellation policies of Air France?
- Travel vouchers are their go-to when canceling a trip; they are valid until December 31 2021 for a trip ending before 2022. The travel voucher can be used for Delta, KLM, or Virgin Atlantic.
- If you decide you want a refund back to your original payment method instead of a voucher, you can request a refund with this form as long as the flight is scheduled before 9/30/2021.
- These are the current rules and regulations for Air France’s cancellation policy, but of course, they are constantly changing as countries alter their travel regulations.
What are the checked bag policies for Air France?
- In the Economy cabin (Light fare), you can purchase an additional checked baggage Option.
- In the Economy cabin (except Light fare), you are entitled to 1 checked baggage item weighing up to 23 kg / 50 lb.
- In the Premium Economy cabin, you are entitled to 2 checked baggage items weighing up to 23 kg / 50 lb each.
- In the Business cabin, you are entitled to 2 checked baggage items weighing up to 32 kg / 70 lb each.
- In the La Première cabin, you can check 3 baggage items weighing up to 32 kg / 70 lb each.
- If one needs more luggage you can purchase extra baggage depending on the size of the aircraft. If you purchase your extra luggage ahead of time online you get 20% off.
How do I upgrade to Business Class?
If you purchased your ticket and would like to upgrade your seat there are three options:
- Call your travel agent or the airline itself and purchase the upgrade fee.
- Do the same as above but use your miles to pay for it.
- Depending on your status on Flying Blue, you might already be on the queue for an upgrade.
Can Air France Miles be used on Delta Airlines?
- Airfrance miles can be used to book delta flights since they are all part of Skyteam Alliance.
- Any flight marked with DL on the Airfrance website is a Delta flight.
FAQ - Air France Sky Bonus
At Frenchway, you will have the best travel advisors. For us, a travel agency is not only here to book your flight tickets. We are also here to advise you on everything surrounding your travel experience, including the different programs offered by the airlines for your business travel. Frenchway has specialized in Air France for 38+ years and we want to present to you the advantages of the SkyBonus Program.
What is SkyBonus?
SkyBonus is a complimentary business travel rewards program, designed specifically for small to mid-sized companies. Joint venture partners Delta, Air France, KLM and Alitalia maximize the strength of their extensive worldwide networks and offer you increased earning opportunities and expanded reward options. SkyBonus turns your business travel budget into rewards by converting the dollars your company spends on eligible flights with Delta, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Aeromexico, Virgin Atlantic or any of our codeshare partners into SkyBonus points.
Which destinations are in the SkyBonus program?
Joint venture partners Delta, Air France, KLM and Alitalia provide access to the world’s largest transatlantic network with:
- 300 destinations beyond the 27 North American gateways.
- 200 destinations beyond the 31 European gateways throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America.
How does it work?
Earn SkyBonus points for every $1 your company spends on all published fares whenever your employees fly with Delta, Air France, KLM, Alitalia and any other participating code-share partner airline.
SkyBonus offers great savings and is easy to use:
- Free and easy online enrollment.
- Extensive earning opportunities and expanded award options with Delta, Air France KLM and Alitalia.
- Over 45 travel rewards to choose from, including tickets, upgrades and more.
- Earn points on every dollar spent on travel and bonus points on Business Class fares.
- Account management is easy with the option to assign two program administrators.
- Enjoy added flexibility with the option to assign Frenchway Travel, your preferred travel agency to help manage your account.
- Access to a dedicated support center in North America.
Who qualifies for the SkyBonus program?
Companies eligible for SkyBonus include small to mid-sized companies located in countries where the program is offered. Companies that have negotiated discount fare agreements, travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators and other sellers of travel are not eligible to participate in this program.
Companies are required to spend a minimum of $5,000 USD in eligible flight revenue and have a minimum of five unique employee travelers each calendar year to remain active in the program and keep available points.
How do I enroll my company in SkyBonus?
You or Frenchway Travel, your travel agency may enroll your company by completing the online application. To be eligible, you must accept the terms and conditions of the program. If your company qualifies, you and your preferred travel agent, Frenchway Travel, will receive an email confirmation within two business days. Your company will be assigned a unique SkyBonus account number to be used to track your company’s business travel on Air France and eligible partner flights.
What information do I need to enroll my company in SkyBonus?
- Your company’s legal name and address
- Your company’s Federal Tax ID or VAT number
- Name, phone number and email address for a primary administrator who will be responsible for managing the program on behalf of your company
- The ARC/IATA number, email address and contact information of Frenchway Travel, your preferred travel agency (if applicable)
What is the difference between the SkyBonus program and the SkyMiles® Program?
SkyBonus is a global travel rewards program in which member companies can earn points for business travel on Delta, Air France, and eligible partner flights, which companies may redeem for travel rewards. SkyMiles is a frequent flyer program in which individual travelers can earn miles for flying on Delta, Air France, or eligible partner flights and for using SkyMiles partners’ products and services. SkyBonus travelers are not required to be SkyMiles members. However, when traveling for company business, employees who are SkyMiles members will still accrue their personal miles while their company earns SkyBonus points. To ensure both the individual traveler and company earn credit in both programs, be sure the employee’s SkyMiles number and the company’s SkyBonus account number are added to the reservation at the time of ticketing.
Can Frenchway Travel update your SkyBonus account?
Frenchway Travel can update the information listed on your company profile. In addition, your agent can register your company for promotions. If you grant authorization, your travel advisor can also view your account statement and order awards on your behalf.
What travel qualifies for earning SkyBonus points?
Your company can earn SkyBonus points for all eligible flights taken by employees for business, when your company’s SkyBonus ID is included on the ticket and when the following criteria are met:
- Tickets purchased worldwide with Delta Air Lines (ticket numbers beginning in 006) – Tickets issued or originating outside of North America must be issued on DL 006 for flights marketed and operated by Delta.
- Tickets purchased in North America with select partners:
- Air France (ticket numbers beginning in 057), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (074) and Virgin Atlantic (932) tickets must be issued and originate in North America and contain a Transatlantic flight segment.
- Aeromexico tickets (beginning in 139) must be issued and originate in North America, for nonstop travel between the United States and Mexico, for flights after October 1, 2017.
- Flights operated by SkyTeam® partners and other codeshare partner airlines also earn when:
- Tickets are issued by Delta (006)
- Flights are marketed by Delta (DL flight number)
Can my company earn credit on upgrades?
Your company can earn SkyBonus points on eligible purchased upgrades. For upgrades purchased prior to the 24-hour check-in window through Delta’s post purchase upgrade options, your company will earn credit for the value of the upgrade and the original ticket will be updated to the new earning level (if applicable) after travel is complete. The original ticket must be eligible to earn credit in order for the post purchase paid upgrade to earn credit. See Terms and Conditions for types of tickets that are not eligible.
If you have additional questions or if you want us to open your SkyBonus program, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Air France Dining
In light of the current Covid19 pandemic, Air France has adapted its services at the airports, lounges and on board its aircraft to ensure a safe trip.
At Frenchway, we understand that part of what does the Air France experience so great is the fine cuisine offered during the flight. On long-haul flights in the Premium Economy and Economy cabins, Air France offers you the choice of the menu of the day at no extra charge, or a meal from our “A la Carte” Menu. So read on to know more about your option and don’t forget to let us know what your preferences are next time you book with us!
MENU OF THE DAY
On long-haul flights, we offer a menu of the day at no extra charge for all destinations and travel classes. Hot and cold beverages – with or without alcohol – are also available.
Enjoy A 3-Course Traditional French Meal In The Premium Economy Cabin
In the Premium Economy cabin, you will receive quality service, including a meal that brings together gourmet cuisine, fresh ingredients and innovation.
As an aperitif, you will be offered a complimentary glass of champagne (Excluding flights to Antananarivo and Saint-Martin) served with a savory appetizer. You can then choose between 2 hot meals.
Are you flying to a destination within Asia? For certain destinations, local specialties are also available.
You will then finish off your meal with a tempting dessert, followed by coffee, tea or a digestive liqueur, accompanied by sweet delicacies. Be our guest!
In the Economy Cabin, Your Flight Is a Time to Sit back and Enjoy
In the Economy cabin, you will enjoy a culinary experience derived from classic French culinary tradition. Fresh bread, wine, cheese… all the ingredients to make your meal typically French!
On intercontinental flights, you will be offered a glass of champagne (Excluding a few destinations) and a savory snack, followed by a choice of 2 hot savory dishes full of fresh ingredients and originality.
On longer flights, you can choose from a self-service buffet offering a wide range of light, healthy savory dishes.
For your flights within Europe, to Africa or Israel, we offer you a delicious breakfast in the morning or a hot snack at other times of the day.
Does Air France have special meals for passengers with specific Diets?
Yes, If you adhere to a specific diet for health reasons, you can request a special meal no later than 24 hours before your flight, with the exception of kosher meals which must be ordered no later than 48 hours before your flight.
Here are the options offered by Air France:
- Allergen-free meal: This meal does not contain the following products or their derivatives: grains containing gluten, shellfish, eggs, fish, peanuts, soy, milk, nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts), celery, mustard, sesame seeds, sulfur dioxide and sulfites in a concentration exceeding 10 mg/kg, lupin and mollusks. If you are allergic to a product not mentioned above, please bring a cold meal with you for your flight.
- Gastric irritant-free meal: This meal does not contain certain vegetables or food products that are spicy, fatty, salty or alcoholic.
- Low-sugar meal: This meal does not contain food products that are high in sugar or have a high glycemic index.
- Gluten-free meal: This meal does not contain gluten-based food products or products that may contain gluten.
- Low-salt meal: This meal does not contain salt in any form, including: cheeses, smoked meat and fish, salami, savory condiments and cookies.
- Vegan meal: Recommended for vegan passengers, this meal contains food based on vegetables, fruits and grains. It does not contain any animal products including eggs, dairy or honey.
- Vegetarian meal: Recommended for vegetarian passengers, this meal contains vegetables, fruits, grains, dairy products, eggs and honey. It does not contain meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish, gelatin or rennet.
- Indian vegetarian meal: Recommended for Indian-style vegetarian passengers, this meal contains vegetables, fruits, grains, dairy products and honey. It does not contain meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish, eggs, gelatin or rennet.
- Halal meal: This meal is recommended for Muslim passengers. All animal products come from animals slaughtered according to Islamic rites. This meal does not contain pork, pork by-products (including gelatin), or food and beverages prepared with alcohol.
- Kosher meal: This meal is recommended for Jewish passengers. It is prepared according to Jewish regulations, under the supervision of a rabbi.
- Hindu meal (no pork or beef): This meal is recommended for passengers wanting an Indian-style meal without pork or beef or their by-products (including gelatin and rennet).
- Infant meal: Recommended for infants aged 6 months to 2 years old, this simple and light meal contains chopped, mashed foods. It does not contain cold cut meats, spices, candy or any small food items (e.g. peanuts).
- Children’s meal: Recommended for children aged 2 to 8 years old, this meal is designed to appeal to children’s taste. It does not contain spices, candy or any small food items (e.g. peanuts).
Please note: depending on the destination, some meals are subject to availability.
“A LA CARTE”, CHOOSE YOUR MENU
You can purchase your “A la Carte” Menu:
- When purchasing your ticket
- In the Your Bookings area starting from 90 days and up to 24 hours before the flight
- When checking in online starting from 30 hours and up to 24 hours before the flight
All menus are subject to seasonal variations. Details about your meal will be specified at the moment of purchase online.
THE FAUCHON MENU
Discover a culinary creation imagined just for you by the prestigious French house FAUCHON. Exceptional quality of ingredients, seasonal freshness and a fine balance of flavors combine to guarantee you a truly gourmet experience! The FAUCHON menu is offered on flights departing from Paris for €28.
THE HEALTHY MENU
Enjoy a delicate and balanced cuisine with all the fresh vibrancy of nature. The Healthy menu is offered on flights departing from Paris for €21.
THE “MY FUN MENU”
Put something fun on your plate! Our new menu offers 100% enjoyment and will delight young food lovers. Quality products for delicious recipes that are sure to please. The “My Fun Menu” is offered on flights leaving from Paris for €13.
Discover the French way of life with the Tradition Menu. Taste a selection of savory, traditional recipes prepared with the very best of authentic French local products. Choose the Tradition Menu for €18, and your flight becomes a guided tour of French culinary heritage.
Discover a meal with flavors and inspiration fished fresh from the sea. With the Ocean Menu, you can enjoy delicious seafood prepared with care and coupled with delicacies of the vegetable variety. Discover this unique experience featuring refreshingly exotic cuisine for €15.
On your next flight, discover an assortment of rich, Mediterranean flavors. With the Italia Menu, you can enjoy authentic, simple cuisine inspired by the best recipes from every region of Italy. Opt for “la dolce vita” and savor a heartwarming culinary experience! The Italia Menu is offered on flights departing from French overseas departments, the United States, Canada, Africa, China, South Korea and Japan for €12.
So next time your Air France tickets with us, don’t forget to let us know which food experience is tempting you!
FAQ - Seat Assignments when booking your flight with Air France
At Frenchway, we accompany you from start to finish in booking your travel arrangements. Especially for a long flight, the choice of your seat has its importance. With Covid 19 travel restrictions, it has become more important now to work with a trusted Travel Advisor. Frenchway has specialized in Air France for 38+ years and we know that your seat selection is one of the most important factors to your flight experience.
Do you prefer the window or the aisle? Are you traveling alone, in duo, or as a family?
Below you will find some common questions and issues around the Air France Travel policy for seat assignment with the information being sourced from the Air France website;
Are you able to choose your seats in economy with AIr France?
With Air France, you can choose in advance your seat. There are services available in the Economy cabin, on all flights, except those within metropolitan France.
What is the cost for seat assignments in economy class on Air France?
To choose your seat in advance, the price depends on your destination, your travel dates and the selected fare. The price will be displayed when purchasing your ticket or from the “My bookings“ section of the website.
The choice of seat are free of charge for the following passengers:
- Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members and their travel companions if they appear on the same booking
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Children traveling alone
- Passengers traveling on a Flex fare. If this service is not free of charge during booking, please select your seat in the My Bookings section of the website.
- For all travel to and from the United States, with a Standard fare ticket for a trip from:
- France or the Netherlands to the United States, Canada and Mexico, or between France and Papeete.
- the Netherlands to the United States, Canada or Mexico. The service is free of charge only for transatlantic flights.
- the United States, Canada and Mexico to Europe.
What is the process for choosing a seat with Air France in economy class?
You can either select your seat when purchasing your ticket or afterward up to 30 hours before your flight’s departure.
When checking in online, starting 30 hours before departure, or at the airport, you can choose your seat at no extra charge.
You can choose your seat when you purchase your ticket however you book it (online, on the Air France website or on Air France’s app, at an Air France ticket office or with Frenchway Travel, or by phone with one of our representatives).
If you choose your seat after purchasing your ticket and up to 30 hours before your flight’s departure, you can either do it in the “My bookings” area on our site, at an Air France ticket office or with Frenchway Travel.
What are the seat assignment policies for Families Traveling with Children on Air France?
If you are traveling as a family with a child (14 years old or younger), Air France will reserve your seats next to each other, free of charge, 2 days before your flight. To make this possible, all of your family members must be included in the same booking file. Your seat location is indicated on your boarding passes, provided during online check-in or at the airport.
However, if you would like specific seats, you can choose the seats you prefer in advance. In this case, you will pay online, either when booking or later in the My bookings section of the website.
Please note that choice of standard seat for a fee is not available online for families traveling with infants under 2 years of age.
What are the seat assignment policies for Children Traveling Alone with Air France?
For children traveling alone and receiving the Kids Solo service, choice of standard seat is provided at no extra charge when purchasing the ticket. Please indicate during the booking process that your child is traveling alone.
What are the seat options with Air France?
When you’re ready to choose your seat, you’ll be prompted to choose among the available seats of the craft, aisles or window. There are 3 extra options of seats: travel with more leg room, choose a Duo seat in a row of two, or be among the first to exit the aircraft.
EXTRA LEGROOM SEAT
Extra Legroom Seats are located in the Economy cabin, in rows with additional space or at emergency exits. These seats are just as comfortable and recline in the same way as other seats in the cabin. The Extra Legroom Seat is available for all flights. The price of this Seat Option varies depending on your destination and travel dates.
FRONT SECTION SEAT
For long-haul flights in the Economy cabin, be among the first passengers to exit the aircraft with a Front Section Seat. The price of this service varies according to your destination and travel dates.
Traveling with a companion? You can choose a Duo Seat. This Option guarantees you a seat in a row of 2 on long-haul flights. The price of this service varies according to your destination and travel dates.
What are seat assignment Benefits for Flying Blue Members?
The Duo Seat is offered at no extra charge to Air France and KLM Flying Blue Platinum members. Gold, Silver and Explorer Flying Blue members receive a discount: 50% for Flying Blue Gold members, 25% for Flying Blue Silver members and 10% for Flying Blue Explorer members. To take advantage of the free or discounted fare, members must identify themselves with their Flying Blue number when purchasing their ticket. Bluebiz members can use their Blue Credits to pay for the Duo Seat Option.
The Front Section Seat is offered at no extra charge to Air France and KLM Flying Blue Platinum members. Gold, Silver and Explorer Flying Blue members receive a discount: 50% for Flying Blue Gold members, 25% for Flying Blue Silver members and 10% for Flying Blue Explorer members. To take advantage of the free or discounted fare, members must identify themselves with their Flying Blue number when purchasing their ticket. You can pay for a Front Section Seat Option with your Flying Blue Miles in the My Booking Section of the website. Bluebiz members can use their Blue Credits to pay for the Front Section Seat Option.
Changes to your seat selection
If you change your flight or your travel date, you can transfer your choice of standard seat to your new flight in the “My bookings” area. If the seat you initially selected is not available on your new flight, you may request a refund by completing the request form provided on the Air France website.
For security, safety or operational reasons, Air France may change the seat you reserved. If you are not satisfied with the new seat selection, you can change it in the “My bookings” area or obtain a refund online, by completing the request form provided.
With all the different options available Frenchway helps support as your Travel Advisor to best support you in making the right decisions for your travel arrangements. Contact us to book your next flight on Air France and make sure you have the optimal travel experience with the right seat on the plane.
What is SkyPriority?
For the past 38 years, Frenchway travel has been the best corporate travel agency in Paris and New York. We provide customers the best corporate travel experience. We work with our exclusive partners, like the airlines from the SkyTeam to provide customers with the best rates and benefits. SkyTeam is the alliance dedicated to providing passengers with a more seamless travel experience at every step of their journey. 19 member airlines, among which AirFrance or Delta Airlines, working together across an extensive global network to welcome 676 million customers each year on approximately 16,000 daily flights to 1,036 destinations in 170 countries.
SkyPriority is your red carpet through the airport: the signs guide you from the door to your exclusive check-in area. With SkyPriority, you have priority access at the airport, every step of the way, from check-in, baggage drop-off and delivery, to security and boarding.
SkyPriority is offered to SkyTeam Elite Plus members and customers with First and Business Class tickets. If you are eligible for SkyPriority, the logo will appear on your boarding pass.
What are the SkyPriority Services?
- Priority check-in areas – Skip the queues right from the start with our dedicated SkyPriority check-in counters.
- Priority baggage drop-off – Check your bags in no time at our special SkyPriority baggage drop-off locations.
- Priority lines at security, where available – Clear immigration and security faster with our exclusive SkyPriority lanes (Available at selected airports).
- Priority boarding – Board first or whenever you prefer without queuing via the SkyPriority lane.
- Priority service at transfer desks – Avoid losing precious transfer time with SkyPriority lanes at our ticket offices and transfer desks.
- Priority baggage handling – Grab your bag off the carousel first with priority baggage delivery to the bag belt.
- Priority service at airport ticket offices – Access priority lanes at the ticket office.
- Priority lines at immigration, where available – Go through immigration faster using priority lanes.
- SkyPriority Finder – Travel is smooth and easy with SkyPriority services. Discover which services are available for your trip using the SkyPriority Finder.
SkyPriority is available at most airports within the SkyTeam global network. However, not all benefits may be available at every location (e.g. SkyPriority security/immigration).
SkyPriority signs are displayed throughout the airports to guide you every step of your way. You can also share your experience with the SkyPriority Panel, through comments, pictures and micro-surveys to help make SkyPriority better for everyone.
Contact us to find out how we can optimise your company’s travel spending or simply plan your next trip.